Following the successful delivery by Tadcaster & Rural CIC Ltd of the Bridge Re-opening Celebrations in February 2017, commissioned by Tadcaster and Villages Community Engagement Forum (CEF) and subsequently the Tadcaster Cycling Festival in April 2017, commissioned by Selby District Council, Tadcaster & Rural CIC Ltd proposed the formation of a permanent group to drive forward an events programme for the town – and TEMPT was born!
This proposal was put to the CEF and Tadcaster Town Council for endorsement in May 2017 and has received approval from both bodies. In particular, our proposal envisages:
- Responsibility for delivering the Tadcaster Cultural Strategy 2016.
- Delivery of legacy projects from the Bridge Celebrations and Cycling Festival.
- Be responsible for utilisation of the Legacy Fund that has accumulated from the previous 2 events and to expend that on projects supporting the Cultural Strategy.
- Reaching out and liaising with established (and new) events in the town and their organisers to offer assistance as required.
TEMPT has a core membership drawn from the following organisations & sectors:
– Tadcaster and Rural CIC
– Tadcaster Town Council
– Tadcaster Flood Action Group
– Tadcaster CEF
– The business community
– The voluntary and community sector
Visit our website at www.tadcasterevents.com